Last spring, we toured Europe's great chocolate houses to taste Europe's best truffles, bon bons, and craft chocolates. For education and inspiration of course!
This year, we returned to Europe with MUCHOMAS Chocolate for some amazing Weddings! That's right. Our MUCHOMAS bars were featured in a beautiful Mediterranean wedding on the Greek Island of Santorini. In Vienna, our couverture was paired with Bristol Coffee for wedding favors. And more deliciously, it was the main ingredient in several cakes made for a Viennese Palace Wedding.
Check it out!
If you want to try to replicate this royal treat, here's the recipe from famed Austrian baker, Valentina Metz!
- 1 cup MUCHOMAS couverture
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 9 tbsp milk
- 2 tbsp white rum
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 & 1/2 cups flour
- 3/4 cups walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Separate eggs
- Beat egg whites until foam peaks
- Add sugar and beat until blended
- Melt butter and chocolate over simmering water, stir until completely melted
- Combine egg yolks, sugar, milk, rum, half of the flour and baking powder with electric mixer
- Add parts of the beaten egg whites and flour alternately carefully with a silicone spatula
- Add walnuts
- Pour batter in a round baking pan and bake until done (25-40 minutes, depending on pan size)
Also, in case you missed it, MUCHOMAS was featured in Philadelphia magazine as one of Philly's finest craft chocolate makers. Be sure to grab the June edition.